Junior Data Scientist
For a 3 months Summer Internship starting in June 2020
AMEXCI AB works closely with a wide array of Swedish and Europe industries to solve complex design and manufacturing challenges, by leveraging the benefits of industry leading, sustainable, additive manufacturing (industrial 3D printing) technologies.
Our end-to-end approach brings us to invest in the most advanced AM related technologies and among them machine learning for data-based qualification of our parts. We are now developing a semi-supervised machine learning model based on our in-situ Monitoring data to perform qualification in a more effective way – and to avoid the traditional expensive and resource consuming methods (destructive methods, CT scans, testings etc).
Themodel will perform classification of defects occurring in a 3d printed part by correlating all contributing parameters. The input data are monitoring data among them sensor data of all kind.
In that context, your task will be to perform efficient Data Management based on the extracted sensor data.
- Performing Sensor Data extraction
- Exploring data structure based on raw data
- Coming up with solutions for Big Data management
Required Skills and Background:
- Python programming
- Know how on API structures
- Basic Python GUI programming skills are appreciated
- Ability to be creative and innovate to explore new solutions
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent looking for a Summer Internship
- English required
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection of candidates will occur continuously, so do not wait with your application.
Head of Research
We are looking for an exceptional scientist and manager to lead our research department at AMEXCI. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of leading teams of engineers that have successfully developed products with a focus on industrial application.
You will be responsible for researching and investigating technologies for solving complex industrial challenges. The candidate needs to combine technical leadership, excellence in people management, a strong drive for making great products and deep familiarity with next-generation manufacturing technologies in combination with artificial intelligence. You will interact closely with all departments of the company as well as our customers and owners. You will be a part of the senior management at our AMEXCI HQ in Karlskoga, Sweden.
- Establish and maintain the necessary team structures, processes, infrastructure and environment to drive research and development of industry-leading additive manufacturing technologies, with emphasis on laser powder bed fusion, directed energy deposition and binder jetting.
- Manage and mentor scientists and engineers matrixed into multi-disciplinary product development and research teams.
- Initiate and oversee TRL 3-4+ stage development of novel/optimized additive manufacturing processes, materials and parameters.
- Oversee collaborative research and development with industry and academic partners.
- Oversee recruitment, onboarding and continual training of a world-class team.
- Contribute to a strong line of communication, knowledge-sharing and collaboration between colleagues.
- Contribute to planning and monitoring of site- and project-specific budgets and staffing plans.
- Contribute expertise to company-wide strategic planning and development of technology roadmaps.
- Collaborate with internal functional teams for parameter development, artificial intelligence, innovation and component development to establish company-wide best practices for experimental design and execution, documentation, laboratory information management, resource utilization and environmental health and safety.
Required Skills and Background:
- Relevant academic background in the field of additive manufacturing processes, materials science, chemistry or a strong background in leading successful teams in an R&D focused environment.
- A minimum of 5+ years in a leading management position.
- Proven ability to plan and execute highly technical development projects, as evidenced by published patents, peer-reviewed articles or launched products.
- Proven ability to manage functional or project-based teams of 10 or more engineers.
- Experience with additive manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with computational analysis of complex data sets.
- Strong organizational skills.
- String interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Ability to travel
- Fluent in English
- A strong desire to develop game-changing technologies and impact the world of future, sustainable manufacturing technologies.
Desired Skills and Background:
- Experience in product development and certification according to industry standards.
- Experience in formal design of experiment (DOE) methodologies.
- Experience in working with large companies, multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- Formal coursework or training in people management.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible. Selection of candidates will occur continuously, so do not wait with your application.